From 9.00 am – 1.00 pm
Registration from 8.45 am. Please arrive early to complete registration.
Morning tea provided.
Hunter Wildlife Rescue Centre, Shortland Wetlands, 1 Wetlands Place, Shortland.
Hunter Wildlife Centre
No cost to members of Hunter Wildlife Rescue (NATF), otherwise $35.00 per person for non-members wishing to find out more about volunteering for the Hunter Wildlife Rescue (NATF).
Phone Operators, Transporters & Rescuers Training
Dates for 2020
Courses will be held on the 3rd Sunday of every month.
The 1st course will be Sunday 23 February 2020. An exception will be March when it will be held on 29th March 2020.
- Train you about HWR organisation and rescue area of responsibility
- Train you about basic needs of injured animals – birds, macropods (eg. roos), flying foxes, echidnas, possums, lizards, koalas, snakes, wombats and many others
- Assign an experienced member to be your support person and mentor
- Provide you with a comprehensive training manual as a reference
- Negotiate your preferred times to be rostered on for phone operator, transporter or rescuer
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and the course date you would like to attend.
Please notify your registration as soon as possible to assist with management and planning of courses.
- Email: email@example.com
- By Mail: Training Officer, Hunter Wildlife Rescue, PO Box 17, SHORTLAND NSW 2307.
Training for phone operators, rescuers & transporters is free to members.
For non-members who want to find out about volunteering payment can be done either on-line or by submitting your payment by mail of a cheque or money order.
See Registration Form for the postal address.
BSB 032-524; Account No 142209; Account name: Native Animal Trust Fund.
Please use your surname and course name as a reference ie JONES/Introduction to HWR